Sunday, May 17, 2009

Blame It On The Rain

It's eerily silent in my house - child playing quietly in his room, puppy curled up next to me on the couch sleeping. All I can hear is the rain outside, and it's making me think.

Seriously, what's with me and all this thinking?

You know, last week when I watched the Grey's Anatomy season finale I was really mad that I was single. No, not because the whole episode was about just letting go of fear and telling people that you love them. No, not because people were getting hurt and dying. But because when the most shocking thing I've seen happen on a TV show occurred, THERE WAS NO ONE AROUND TO GASP IN HORROR WITH ME. No fun, gasping in horror alone in your living room. In fact, you kind of feel like an idiot.

One other thing I thought of this week that makes me mad I'm single.

I have to kill all the bugs. I mean, that's not even fair. I hate bugs. Bugs are to be killed by big, strong men. And all you girl power feminists out there can just shut it. Because bugs are gross and crawly and slimy and they scurry and I'm just tired of killing them. On a more positive note, Raid now makes an ant killer that smells like Lemon Pledge. No lie. Wonder what kind of toxic chemicals now fill the air, innocently masked in a luscious citrus scent?

I guess what I'm trying to say is, when I start dating again I'm hoping to find a Grey's Anatomy loving, super bug killing guy to spend my days with. I am pretty sure this is not going to be difficult to find ;)

PS - thank you to all my friends, who wholeheartedly assure me that I am not (yet) a cougar!

3 Comments:

Blogger acey said...

i have to BEEEGGGGGG Holmes to kill bugs for me. so don't expect it ;)

May 17, 2009 at 9:41 PM  
Blogger kemp-y-QUA!! said...

dont be afraid of being a cougar- dating younger men was the best hobby i ever took up :)

May 18, 2009 at 9:12 AM  
Blogger thesawhooks said...

Ah Mir...I can't wait to see who God brings you. It's going to blow your mind. (In a good way)

May 19, 2009 at 8:07 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home