Monday, May 11, 2009

Goulash Musings

  • 2 weeks ago, I was given a homework assignment. And I did it that very night! So proud. Where was this motivation when I was being graded?? This was more of a life will be better for you if you do this homework assignment. BIG thanks to my counselor who assigned me the dreaded task that I have been avoiding for months. (even if he keeps assigning me homework tasks that I loathe). Also big thanks to my friend Rachel who I confided in and forced to walk me through the entire process step by baby step. :) And since then, it's honestly like I can see clearly (cue bad rendition of I Can See Clearly Now).
  • 30 and I are fighting. I'm just angry with 30, really. Because 30 didn't ask my permission to take away the ability of fitting into my favorite jeans. And 30 did not tell me that I would be ready for bed by 8pm. 30 didn't tell me that suddenly, I will need to drink a gallon of water after ONE slice of stupid pizza. And 30 ALSO forgot to inform me that it's not nearly as fun to say as 25. So for those reasons (and SO many more...)we are fighting.
  • I'm not giving up my Diet Dr. Pepper. I don't care what you say.
  • It has taken me 8 months and 5 days to return to what is pretty close to my natural hair color after a wild and occasionally bumpy ride to brunette-hood. It's nice to be back to myself. I'm going to try really hard to never take my natural blonde coloring for granted again. Buuuut...I can't promise much.
  • I've been super struggling with the concept of talent. I'll pretty much corner anyone who will listen and demand the answer to why God would give me the ability to sing decently but not give me the ability to sing like Brooke Fraser. Listen HERE . I mean, what a rip off, right? Last week I had this kind of revelation that smacks you in the face. And it was basically that I'm here for one purpose, and one only and that's to praise and worship God. And I can be tone deaf and still do that - so my ability and level of talent is not what matters. What matters is that I do it.
  • Truth be told, I miss my puppy's cute little face while I'm at work. Then I get home and she chews something up or pees on my floor and I want to string her upside down from her cute little puppy paws.
  • I am still staring at a guitar my parents gave me for Christmas. I haven't even picked it up once to tune it. And that makes me mad at myself, because I have wanted to learn how to play for years.
  • I started to get sucked into a super bad reality show last night called The Jersey Shore. Halfway through, I wondered why I was fighting sleep to watch a few trashy chicks throw back tequila shots like water. So I shut it off and went to bed. I triumph over you, reality show land!
  • I have about 42 'million dollar ideas' floating around inside my head. Coming up with concepts is easy for me. Following through on them is definitely not my forte. Probably because most of them result from a day spent with my head in the clouds.
  • Logan goes to Vermont in exactly one month. Ok, maybe a month and 2 days or so. I can't believe the year has passed, and summer has rolled around again. What am I going to do with all my free time this summer? Scary thought! I have all kinds of hopes and dreams of productivity. We shall see :)

1 Comments:

Blogger thesawhooks said...

Holla!

I love it! Love your blogs!

May 11, 2009 at 4:18 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home