Saturday, January 31, 2009

Yep. It's Mirandomness time.

I think I need one of those voice digital recorder things...I'm sure there's a fancy and more accurate name for what they are, but frankly I am tired and don't feel like googling it. Near the end of last week, all these thoughts kept popping into my head for things to blog about. But here it is, Saturday night and I'm having a hard time remembering what they are. So bear with me...

- I'm really, really fortunate to have a smart child. No, I really am. Sometimes as I am dropping my son off at school, I feel like I am a total fraud. We're usually squealing into the drop off lane with literally seconds to spare and Logan is finishing his juice box or something right before they open the car door. I consider it a GREAT accomplishment if I remembered to sign his "agenda" and a milestone if I've returned paperwork/homework/special projects/field trip permission slips/book orders on time. I'm talking MONUMENTAL, people. Single parenthood is like being perched precariously on the tippy tippy top of some slowly crumbling mountainside. Luckily I've been able to claw at branches on my way down and am hanging on for dear life, but I'm terribly fearful that the branch will give way or that there will be nothing left for me to cling to if I keep falling. But I digress...Logan brought home his report card on Friday. WAY to GO little dude! Above average in just about everything - with not much help from me, honestly. He's such a good kid (albeit rather uh...energetic...these days) and I am more than blessed to have him in my corner.

- Recent news headline that caught my attention - Single Mother of 6 gives birth to octuplets.
That one really needs no follow up or explanation. But really?
Double U - Tee - Eff Lady!

- I thought working out was supposed to give you more energy. That's a big load of bull. I've been working out 1-2 hours a day 4-5 times a week, and I want to die. I'm so tired that last night I feel asleep around 8:45. ON A FRIDAY NIGHT.

- What defines addiction? Anyone have any thoughts on this? I'm really curious.

- I was driving today, admiring my fingernails that have been painted black just to bring out my emo side, when I realized how freeing it was to give JL the big heave ho. I have loved him for 10 ish years, in spite of the judgment and mockery. It's been a bit heavenly to wear skull tee shirts, get more tattoos, pierce my nose, change my hair (a lot), paint my nails black, and be myself without the mocking undertones of discussion around each one of those events. Ahhhh, self...meet yourself. It's lovely, isn't it?

PS...it's about 11pm, and I've had to edit this about 42 times since I posted it due to various typos and grammatical errors. You may recall that I am EXHAUSTED all the time (I blame the YMCA) so I apologize if I've overlooked any others.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home