Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Be Kind, Rewind...

Remember when I said I was justatinylittlebit over my job?

I was just kidding!

In all seriousness, I heard this information on the radio this morning I was driving to work: That approximately 60,000 job cuts are about to happen across the nation in companies like Home Depot, Sprint Nextel and Caterpillar Inc. In all honesty, I haven't been affected much if at all by the economy. My job is stable, my company is doing decently well and I'm living life pretty much how I've always lived it. (Maybe even a little better!) But people around me are being affected and it's starting to hit me how fortunate I am. I was never interested in the Senior Care industry or even in Health Care really - I stumbled into this job, and at times like this I feel very, very fortunate. Because I'm not going anywhere anytime soon unless I do something completely foolish and am asked to leave. (Like blogging about my job while ON the job...oops)

So let me retract my ungrateful statement and just put it out there that I am extremely happy to be working in this field and in a position that I am generally content to be in.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home